Monday 27 June 2011

School Quotes


My mother wanted me to have an education, so she kept me out of school.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
We don't need no education.
A lot of teenagers are people who express a burning desire to be different be dressing exactly alike.
Do what you think is right and to hell with your popularity.
High school is a lot like prison: Bad food, high fences; the sex you want, you ain't gettin, the sex you gettin, you don't want.
Some people get an education without going to college; the rest get it after they get out.
We were raised on television to believe that we'd all be millionaires, movie gods, rock stars, but we won't , and were starting to figure that out.
If we go to school to learn, and knowledge is power and power is corrupt and corruption is crime and crime doesn't pay then why the hell do we go to school?! (This is my all time favorite school quote! One of my friends is going to try to put it in the year book this year)
Question everything! Or shut up and be a victim of authority.
I'm so sick of immaturity... name calling... labels... gossip... HIGH SCHOOL... it just doesn't make sense to my any more... I find myself being nice to people that I would rathet strangle!
Quit worrying about the stupid things. You have 4 years to be irresponsible. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time hanging out with your friends. So stay out late, go out on a Tuesday night when you have a paper due, Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink until sunrise. The work never ends school does.
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that individuality is the key to success.
Just because you've made it this far, doesn't mean you've made it.
Just because someone tells you that you can't do something doesn't mean you have to listen.
I wish people would quit telling me I can do anything I want. I never thought I couldn't.
My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying. "how was that drive-by shooting?" You don't care how it was, you're lucky to get out alive.
I wouldn't be surprised if I was voted most likely to kill everyone at a high school dance.--- Kurt Cobain
All my life, I never believed most things I read in history books and a lot of things I learned in school. But now I've found I don't have the right to make a judgment on someone based on something I've read. I don't have the right to judge anything. That's the lesson I've learned.---Kurt Cobain
School prepares you for the real world, which also sucks.
What is it about summer that makes us all so crazy? Is it the heat? Is it the freedom? I think we all get so crazy because we realize all at once that life really isn't going to last forever, so we take those perfectly sunny days and live. We live so fully in those 3 months that it'd be impossible not to go just a little nuts. And in the end, when the summer fades so suddenly into fall, we'll be glad we did.--- Jeneveve87
Senior year is unlike any other. Here are a few things you should know.. It won't hit you when you wake up for your last first day of school. It won't hit you as you walk into the Senior locker bay for the first time as an official senior. It won't hit you when you cheer at your last homecoming pep rally and attend your last football game. It won't hit you as you go to your last homecoming dance and realize Prom is way better without the lower classmen and the DJ. It won't hit you as you enter the floor to perform at state for the last time. It won't hit you as you fill out the countless college applications. It won't hit you as you write that generic essay letter that you try to use for all your applications. It won't hit you as your college friends return for Christmas break and give you all their advice. It won't hit you as you celebrate New Year's with the friends you have known since childhood. It won't hit you when you cheer at your last Senior night and cry your eyes out! You won't feel it when you are having the time of your life at your last spring break. You don't realize it during Senior skip day, when everyone, no matter what group you are in, has a picnic. When May finally comes around and you realize that it is your last Prom, but you don't really feel it when you are there having the time of your life. You begin to realize it at Graduation when you look around and realize that you will never see half of these people again. You will begin to see it more over the summer when everyone is getting their roommates, class schedules, and going to orientation. It still hasn't fully hit you when you are sitting in your room packing up the past 18 years of your life, laughing with your best friend about all the stupid stuff you've done. You might feel it the morning you leave for college as that it is the last time you will see your room, your parents, and your best friend for like 3 months. It will finally hit you when you are sitting in your dorm room with a perfect stranger, that you have to live with for the next year. Please, Please, PLEASE make every moment of your Senior year count, you only get to do it once. College will be a lot of fun, but in the meantime, jump at every opportunity you get to do anything that you have ever wanted to do. Spend as much time with friends as possible, for it will not be long until you meet new people and inevitably grow apart.
Walking through the halls of high schools is quite similar to walking through a battle field... you are never quite sure what you will find lying around the bend... everyone seems to be thinner, taller, blonder, prettier, and tanner than you... they all seem to be having the time of their lives despite the educational setting... they all seem to have the most friends and the most people to say hello to walking through the halls. Well, life isn't what it seems. Most of those people just surround themselves with others because they are too deathly scared to be alone. They are so scared that they aren't really friends, they just pretend... because without those people they would be nothing. They hurt just like you do. They notice the imperfections in their own faces as well even though your eyes cannot see them. They notice how the girl next to them is taller and thinner... even though you don't. Maybe sometimes it's what you don't see that makes you more alike than you'll ever know.
Somewhere between the procrastination... and the homework... and the incessant forwards... and the friendships... and the calls to each other complaining about crushes... Somewhere between the phone calls to old friends... And the "I miss yours, the "I love yours, and the "What are we doing tonight?"s...And somewhere between all of the changing and growing... Somewhere between the classes... And the skipping classes... And the studying for tests... And the pretending to study for tests... And the downright NOT studying for tests... I forgot... I forgot what high school is all about. I forgot what it meant to cry... I forgot that pretending to be happy doesn't make you happy... And that pretending to be smart doesn't make you smart... I forgot that you can't just forget the past in fear of the future... I forgot that you can't control falling in love... And that you can't make yourself fall in love... I learned that I can love... I learned that it's okay to mess up... And it's okay to ask for help... And it's okay to feel like crap... I learned it's okay to complain and whine to all your friends for a whole day... I learned that sometimes the things you want most you just can't have. I learned that the greatest thing about high school isn't the parties or the drinking or the hook-ups... It's the friendships, which means taking chances... I learned that sometimes the things we want to forget are the things which we most need to talk about... I learned that letters from friends are the most important things... And that sending cards to your friends makes you feel better. But, basically, I just learned that my friends... Both old and new... Are the most important people to me in the world. AND... without them, I wouldn't be who I am today. So this is a thank you to all of my friends... For always being there. And even if we're not on good terms or we have lost touch... I still care for you... Always and forever love all you guys
Let's face it... we've changed. We all changed. Somewhere between summer ending and school starting, we've gone in our own directions. Hearts were broken, friends diminished, new love started and new people came into our lives. We no longer spend all of our time in our circle of friends, we no longer talk for hours about nothing at all. We've changed -- some for the better, some for the worse. Some of us are finding love and others are trying to let go. Even though we've changed, we all know that even though we're all finding our own place in the world, that when we find out love, when we let go of a love, when the tears fall, or the happy smile spreads across our face... we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us and no matter what happens, nothing will ever change so much to the point that we'll never be friends forever.
An educated person is one who has learned that information almost always turns out to be at best incomplete and very often false, misleading, fictitious, mendacious - just dead wrong.
Um, thank you. I'm not much for public speaking. Or much for speaking. Or, come to think of it, much for the public. And I'm not very good at lying. So let me just say that, in my experience, high school sucks. If I had to do it all over again, I'd have started advanced placement classes in preschool so I could go from eighth grade straight to college. However, given the unalterable fact that high school sucks, I'd like to add that if you're lucky enough to have a good friend and a family that cares it doesn't have to suck quite as much. Otherwise my advice is; Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor IS naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza. Thank you ~ Daria
My goal is not to wake up at age 40 with the bitter realization that I have wasted my life on a job I hate because I was forced to deside on a career in my teens. ~ Daria
Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.
- Oscar Wilde
When I was four years old they tried to test my IQ, they showed me this picture of three oranges and a pear. They asked me which one is different and does not belong, they taught me different was wrong. ~Ani Difranco
Human beings are compelled to adopt a belief system; some paradigm to provide meaning, purpose, and understanding to our lives. A quick survey of the world shows that pretty much any idea will do -- it need not reflect reality or truth, merely function to fascinate, distract, and compel. We are designed for belief, not for truth.
Once you enter high school things change, some of your best friends become bitches, your boyfriend becomes a prick. Homework goes in the trash; cell phones are being used in class. Detention becomes suspension, soda becomes beer, and gum becomes pot. Bikes become cars. Lollipops become cigarettes. Lip-gloss becomes makeup. French kisses become sex. Yeah high school changes everybody. 
This isn't a school. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting
There are some things from our high school experiences that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives and some memories that we choose to forget. But when we look back at those experiences, we'll see our friends the ones who got us through everything and we'll realize how lucky we are to have them.
Imagine the people you see everyday right now, the people you would least expect to not see tomorrow, in a year, college will come and with it new friends, and new experiences, the people you see everyday in the halls, your friends, and some of them, your best friends, will disappear from your life, each going their own ways, you'll see them once every ten years at some random reunion if that, these are the people u have grown up with, and friends with them or even if your not, there will come a time when many of them wont even cross your mind, the truth is, you'll see your best friends maybe once a year, because time goes by so fast and everyone is so busy. Enjoy today, and enjoy tomorrow, because these days come but once in our lives, be thankful for what u have and most of all, for who you have in your life because life’s plans for you may bring you away from these people, but no matter what anyone says, and no matter what time can do, your heart will always bring the best back, and your memories with them will forever hold a place in your heart.
Leaving high school, the most valuable thing I will take with me is the memories and I want to thank every person for playing a part in them, to my friends, youu have gone beyond the limits of what one has to do for another, my life will be forever richer and more beautiful because you were a part of it, I love you with all my heart, to those who were my slap in the face, to the close-minded or misunderstanding, to those who broke my heart, you all changed me to become the person I wanted to be, I am stronger because of the trials you have put my through and no matter what you have done to me, you have unknowingly done so much for me, to every person who inspired me by the way they lived their life, to those who were my shoulder to cry on, to those I found myself with in my moments of pure joy, to those who have understood me, to the people I share inside jokes with, to anyone who has held my hand, or for that matter, held my hair back after a night of partying, to those I laughed with until I cried, to my crushes, to everyone I stayed up talking to until the early morning hours, thank you for the wisdom, happiness, and experience you've brought into my life, I will cherish these times forever, I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment